Compared with traditional machining equipment, punches have the advantages of high efficiency and energy saving. They are widely used in the machining and manufacturing industry. According to their different forms and types, they are divided into many types. The following is an introduction to the classification of punches.
1. Punching presses can be divided into the following categories according to the transmission structure
- (1) Manual punching machine: pneumatic transmission, equivalent to hydraulic pressure, but not as stable as hydraulic pressure, usually rare
- (2) Mechanical punch: mechanical transmission, high speed, high efficiency, large tonnage, very common.
- (3) Hydraulic press: hydraulic transmission, speed is slower than mechanical, large tonnage, price is cheaper than mechanical, it is very common.
- (4) Pneumatic punch: pneumatic transmission, equivalent to hydraulic pressure, but not as stable as hydraulic pressure, and is usually rare.
- (5) High-speed mechanical punch: Mainly used for continuous die punching of electronic products, such as motor stator and rotor pieces, with numerical control and extremely high speed, which can reach about 100 times that of ordinary mechanical punches.
- (6) CNC punch: This punch is relatively special and is mainly suitable for machining parts with a large number of holes and dense distribution.
2. According to the processing accuracy, it can be divided into
- (1) Small punch: a type of ordinary punch, which mainly performs a series of blanking, punching, forming, Deep Drawing, fine blanking, riveting and other stamping activities on stamping parts and plates. It is mainly used in electronics, communications, Stamping and forming in industries such as computers, household appliances, transportation tools, and hardware parts.
- (2) Precision punch: It can be matched with any automatic feeding mechanism to automate production, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
- (3) Desk punch: adopts photoelectric protection device and frequency converter; brake and clutch reaction are more sensitive, joint is stable, low noise, long service life.
3. According to the shape, it can be divided into: open punch, tiltable punch, semi-open punch, closed punch.
4. According to the tonnage, it can be classified: 2 tons of punches, 3 tons of punches, 5 tons of punches, 10 tons of punches, etc.
The above is an introduction to the classification of punch presses according to different uses and structures. Different types have their own advantages and characteristics. Users can purchase on-demand according to their working environment and requirements to ensure the maximization of product utilization.
Link to this article：Introduction to the classification of punches
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Stamping Wiki，Thanks